Sunday 9 October 2022

Summer 2022 Timelapse

Usually, I like to my daily dances in different spots. Making dances and exploring new spaces is part of the fun. For some reason, I decided to do the opposite this summer. I chose one spot and danced there every day.  I got bored of dancing in the same spot and almost changed my plan at the one month mark. But, even though the mosquitoes were swarming every dance, I continued on in hopes of making a cool looking video. Speaking of video, at first there was a chair in this spot. It was an old plastic chair. I placed in a spot so I could use it as a camera stand for each day. A few days later the chair was missing. (It is a spot where people go to drink, I think... evidence of drinking is in the bush.) I found the chair but a leg was broken off. I found the leg and I balanced it back together. A few weeks later, the chair disappeared for real. I found some stones or rather broken flat broken pieces of cement. I stacked them on the log. My camera blew off that a few times. The chair was good because it had the back on it to prevent it from blowing over. I stacked the cement off the log and made a backing. That worked for a while. There was a run through this area - some sort of race and all my cement "bricks" were used to outline the path. I collected them and stacked them up again. All of this is to say, that my camera angle did not stay exactly the same as planned. I should probably invest in a proper tripod at some point.. but I like just having the Osmo pocket in my pocket, my headphones around my neck, and my phone in the other pocket. I don't want to have a whole bunch of stuff and make a big deal. I want to be ore ninja dancer. Stealth. 

Here is the video: